Policies & Waiver
- Lele Art Lab is an arts-based, environmental education program specialized in maker labs. We innovate the way youth learn about the blue planet. Beaches become classrooms and marine debris our learning medium.
- We focus entirely on the process rather than on the results, through a variety of sensory-based experiences and art techniques, and love promoting our process-based art and sharing it with others.
- Our goal is to foster a positive learning environment filled with creativity and camaraderie for all participants of our classes, including, but not limited to, Sea the Reef, The Garden Lab and all Lele Art Lab offerings (any such class, a “Class”).
- Our program will be documenting our success throughout the year and we therefore ask for parent/guardian consent to the recording of statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of student participants. All statements, photographs, and/or audio or video recordings taken of student participants, by Lele Art Lab LLC or our contracted media partners. Lele Art Lab LLC or our media partners may use for promotional, commercial, training or other purposes as determined by Lele Art Lab LLC or media partner in its sole discretion.
As the parent or legal guardian of your minor child and by signing below, you agree, on your and your child’s behalf, to the following:
- I agree to treat all participants of any class with kindness and respect.
- I agree to send my child for any class with clothing that is meant to get damaged or dirty, and acknowledge that Lele Art Lab takes no responsibility for such clothing.
- I or my child will utilize a wide range of materials in Classes, including, but not limited to, paint, glue, pastel, chalk, fiber, hammers, clay, play-dough, loose parts from nature etc. (“Materials”), none of which are meant to be consumed and all of which involve some risk of injury. I have been advised that it is my responsibility to consult with my/my child’s physician with respect to any past or present injury, illness, health problem, or any other condition or medication that may affect my/my child’s participation in Classes. I/my child can participate in Classes, will not consume any Materials, and has no physical, emotional, or social conditions that make such participation dangerous or unwise.
- Assumption of the Risk/COVID-19. COVID-19, the illness caused by the novel coronavirus, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact, but maybe spread by other means. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies have recommended social distancing and have, in many locations, issued “shelter-in-place” and similar orders prohibiting the congregation of groups of people. Lele Art Lab has been and is taking preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, Lele Art Lab cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with the novel coronavirus or become sick with COVID-19 after being part of our classes. Further, I recognize that being in the classes may increase the risk of contracting COVID-19 for me. By signing this Release, I acknowledge the contagious nature of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by the novel coronavirus by doing the classes and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I further acknowledge and voluntarily assume all of the risks of becoming exposed to or infected by the novel coronavirus by assisting the classes. I hereby release Lele Art Lab from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, which I may sustain while being in the classes, including those that may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of Lele Art Lab. To the fullest extent allowed by law, I voluntarily assume all risk of novel coronavirus and COVID-19 related injuries, however, caused, even if allegedly caused in whole or in part by the action, inaction, or negligence of Lele Art Lab.
- In consideration of my involvement and/or my minor child’s involvement with Lele Art Lab, I hereby WAIVE AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, and FOREVER DISCHARGE Lele Art Lab, and its owners, agents, employees, and representatives (collectively, “the Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, debts, contracts, expenses, causes of action, lawsuits, damages, and liabilities, of any and every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, in law or equity, that I ever had or may have, arising from or in any way related to my participation or to my minor child’s participation in any of the Classes offered by, conducted by, on the premises of, or for the benefit of, the Released Parties—provided that this waiver of liability does not apply to any acts of gross negligence, or intentional, willful or wanton misconduct.
VIDEO CONSENT AND RELEASE
- Lele Art Lab may take photographs, images, video, audio, and/or other likenesses of me or my minor child (the “Media”) during Classes to post on social media or elsewhere. Lele Art Lab is the sole owner of any Media and may use the Media in any way, at its sole discretion.
- I grant Lele Art Lab permission to use the Media without any restriction and waive your right to inspect and approve the Media.
- Effective as of the date of this application, approval for past use and permission for present and future use is being granted to Lele Art Lab LLC. to use a picture or video/voice recording of a participating student. Permission is being given by the undersigned parent/guardian of minor participants, (the "Recorded Party"), as explained in this Consent and Release. The undersigned is an adult and fully authorized to sign this Consent and Release.
- For a valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, the undersigned hereby grants to Lele Art Lab LLC (firstname.lastname@example.org) and its agents, employees, licensees, and successors in interest (collectively, the "Released Party") all ownership rights and the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to copyright, use and publish the recorded image and/or voice of participating minor student (the "Image and/or Voice") that has been (or is being) obtained pursuant to this Consent and Release.
- The Image and/or Voice may be copyrighted, used and/or published individually or in conjunction with other photography, video works, and recordings, and in any medium (including without limitation, print publications, public broadcast, CD-ROM format) and for any lawful purpose, including without limitation, trade, exhibition, illustration, promotion, publicity, advertising and electronic publication.
- The undersigned represents and warrants that (i) no other party has been granted an exclusive license with respect to the Image and/or Voice, and (ii) no other party's authorization or consent is required with respect to the permission granted to the Released Party under this Consent and Release.
- The undersigned waives any right that the undersigned may have to inspect or approve the Released Party's use of the Image and/or Voice, or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in connection with the use and/or publication of the Image and/or Voice. The undersigned releases the Released Party (and all persons acting under its permission or authority) from all claims for libel, slander, invasion of privacy, infringement of copyright or right of publicity, or any other claim related to the Image and/or Voice (collectively, "Claims"). This release includes without limitation any Claims related to blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, digital alteration, use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, or use of a fictitious name, that may occur or be produced in the processing or publication of the Image and/or Voice.
- By providing my email address, I agree to be added to the Lele Art Lab newsletter list.